A major opportunity has become available at one of South Africa’s reputable rooftop PV companies. They require a Design Engineer to further their growing influence in the rooftop PV industry.
The ideal candidate will be systems driven with the ability to innovate while paying attention to detail. Being a top achiever should ensure a good fit with the employer. Upon joining this dynamic and diverse team, it will be expected of the candidate to be involved in the detailed design phase of rooftop PV projects with particular attention being given to the delivery of design packs, structural approvals, PVSyst modelling, the sourcing of new product requirements, frequent site visits and the handling of applications to Municipalities. This will also include technical support for proposal preparation and generating electrical schematics, determining quantities, selecting and specifying all components to provide the optimal configuration.
- Electrical/Electronic/Mechatronic Engineering Qualification (B-Tech/B.Eng)
- Proficiency in MS Office (With a focus on Excel)
- Electrical Engineering experience of at least 2 years
- Professional communications skills
- Experience in solar PV designs, using PVSyst/PVSol
- Thorough understanding of South African legislation and standards pertinent to rooftop PV and work history of ensuring compliance