A renewable energy project owner is seeking a talented philanthropist to join their wind farm team in the Eastern Cape as the Community Operations Officer.
The ideal candidate for this role will find themselves as the guardian of the local community and will be responsible for driving the SPV’s SED and Stakeholder Engagement Strategy, ensuring that the community benefit and are empowered by the client’s project objectives and stakeholder engagements rolling out in the area. They must understand the SPV’s economic development strategy, its values and commitments to stakeholders, and its vision for the targeted communities. An in-depth understanding of the socio-economic challenges in South Africa and key development strategies on which most SED programs are based is vital.
Your key responsibilities will include relationship building, strategy implementation and developing a strong understanding of the regional development priorities and use these to inform regional policies and practices and reporting to the DoE.
If you love engaging with projects, government representatives and key stakeholders in various programmes, this is the role for you!
- A tertiary qualification in Social Sciences or other relevant disciplines
- 3+ years’ experience in a similar role that required intensive stakeholder and community engagement
- Extensive experience in reporting to the DoE
- Previous experience in NGOs, Public Benefit and Governmental institutions is advantageous
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Multilingual ability is preferable
- Technically proficient in Excel, Word, PowerPoint essential