Our client, a global renewable energy developer and EPC, is seeking a Project Manager for a utility scale solar PV project in South Africa. You will be based in their offices in Cape Town but will be required to travel to site on a regular basis.
The successful candidate will be a fully-qualified engineer, with solid EPC contracting experience and extensive exposure to the solar energy environment. The role would have engineering, financial and legal components, including dealing with all service providers across the spectrum, collaborating with senior management and stakeholder, and ensuring full compliance with QHSE regulations. You will be required to have exceptional PM skills, be focussed on delivery, and accountable for ensuring that construction of the project occurs smoothly right through to handover, on time and within budget.
- Eng, BSc – or higher engineering degree non-negotiable
- An existing track-record of successful project and cost management
- Excellent communication, negotiation and report writing skills
- 3-5 years’ experience in a project management role, in the construction environment, particularly in utility-scale solar energy and managing the costing and PM responsibilities of multi-million Dollar/Rand projects
- Extensive EPC contracts working knowledge
- Relevant PM qualification advantageous
- Exemplary risk analysis and cost control reporting skills
- Commercial experience, exhibiting strong experience in project costing and management