A well-renowned international specialist in HV Turnkey projects is seeking a technically minded Project Engineer / Manager to join their ever-expanding Cape Town team.
The ideal candidate for this role you will have a depth of designing and implementing MV/HV substation and balance of plant projects. Your vast project experience will have provided you with capacity to provide customised turnkey solutions through your ability to design and procure supplies for substation projects, as well as manage the implementation of utility scale projects – acting as site team lead and project team mentor. You will find yourself liaising closely with various stakeholders and contractors as you advise on compliance with SA legislation and regulation for MV/HV projects, while planning and coordinating project execution in line with project programmes – reporting frequently and directly to the Senior Project Manager.
If you have a passion for the project environment and the ability to build lasting relationships while assisting to drum up future project pipeline, especially within the renewable energy industry, then this is the perfect role for you.
- Bachelor’s degree or technologist diploma
- Minimum 4 years of experience working in Project Environment, preferably in Site Management working on HV assets
- Professional registration with SACPCMP or ECSA is a non-negotiable
- Good commercial awareness
- Ability to function successfully both independently and within a team
- Ability to work flexible hour (evenings, weekends) as required
- Valid Drivers’ licence – Travel required to sites
- Proficiency in MS Excel, Word and PowerPoint