A highly competitive and leading South African C&I rooftop PV companies designing and installing renewable energy solutions in South Africa, is seeking a Project Engineer to provide unsurpassable value to their Solar PV project pipeline into Africa.
If you are the ideal candidate, you will have impressive management and engineering expertise which embodies intelligent design work and project roll-out success (within time, quality and budget expectations). You will find yourself managing projects from initial stages through to construction, your goal will be to ensure all preliminary requirements and planning is secured and ready for implementation. You will be liaising with various stakeholders along the value chain, working closely with your design support team members, managing installation teams and advising clients on customised solutions. In addition, you will need to use your superlative commercial acumen to keep abreast of potential opportunities and mitigate technical risks as you assess sites and products, as well as produce technical reports.
As you find yourself quickly growing your ability to manage multiple sites simultaneously, you will become a key player in this leading firm by the technical and project management guidance you provide.
- Engineering Degree is vital (Electrical preferred)
- Project Management certificate is favourable
- 4 years’ experience in a similar role within the Rooftop Solar PV industry
- Excellent PVSyst, CAD and other relative software package skills are vital
- Experience with conducting development tasks (design reviews & shade analysis)
- Strong report writing skills and excellent management ability
- Must be willing to travel extensively