Our client, a global wind OEM, is seeking an experienced Project Manager to help with bringing wind farm projects to build-out.
The successful candidate will be a fully-qualified engineer, with EPC contracting experience and exposure to the wind energy environment. The role would have engineering, financial and legal components, including dealing with all services providers across the spectrum.
The successful candidate’s responsibilities will include: preparing and managing the technical and financial (budgeting) aspects of a project, compiling acquisition plans and project budget, collaboration with senior management and stakeholders, effectively communicating project expectations to team members and stakeholders in a timely and clear fashion, liaising with project stakeholders on an ongoing basis, estimate the resources and participants needed to achieve project goals, monitoring and evaluation and implementing programs and strategies. This is the perfect role for someone that wants to do meaningful work, while using their technical strengths when managing sub-contractors. You will find yourself working alongside experts in the social and environmental field, while adding technical expertise.
You will be required to have exceptional PM skills, focussed on delivery, and be able to meet tight deadlines.
- Must have engineering degree qualification
- Commercial Understanding (MBA would be an advantage)
- Project Management certificate is highly beneficial
- 10 years project management experience
- Experience in dealing with various stakeholders, and more specifically the Department of Energy
- Proven understanding of the REIPP
- Excellent communication, strategic and analytical skills
- Contracting exposure, especially in an EPC environment
- Passion for renewable energy and sustainability