Cultura Fresh (CF) is Cape-based hydroponic producer of leafy greens. Cultura Fresh’s hydroponic production methods are particularly water efficient. In addition, the business has, during the course of 2021, installed a solar panel system in order to materially reduce the amount of conventional power consumed.
Cultura Fresh is looking for a energetic, go-getter to join our team for a fixed term to calculate the annual amount of CO₂ emission or CO₂e (carbon dioxide equivalent) avoided as well as its water savings in relation to land based farming methods.
By the end of the internship period, the intern shall be expected to produce the following:
• A data set of CF’s historical and projected annual CO₂e avoidance figure (allowing for the calculation of total and per unit figures); and
• A data set of CF’s historical and projected annual ‘water savings’ (allowing for the calculation of total and per unit figures).
All data collected and work performed in pursuit of the above objective should be kept in a manner that would allow subsequent verification of its substantial accuracy by third party assurance providers.
The results should also lead to a system whereby the data sets can make use of CF’s ongoing data collection systems in order to calculate and update its water efficiency and CO₂ avoidance figures at least on an annual basis with minimal effort.
All data to be confidential and only released at CF management discretion
- The preferred candidate will have a background in climate change, environmental studies or similar at a Masters or PhD level
- Must have drivers license and own transport
- Excellent attention to detail
- Great communication skills