Are you a Concentrating Solar Power Construction Manager looking for your next project? We may have one for you! Our client is looking for a Construction Manager to come aboard to guide the onsite project team and ensure all outputs are in line with the approved design, work instructions and procedures. If you have power plant construction management experience under your belt, this can definitely be a project for you!
To be the person our client is looking for, you will need a B.Eng in Industrial, Civil or Mechanical Engineering or Construction Management paired with at least 9 years of construction management experience of large scale energy projects. If you want to stand out from the rest, you will have a Project Management Professional certificate with construction management experience in CSP within South Africa! It is important that you have a commercial background with large scale project experience – we want to see your project list! You are someone who has excellent interpersonal and communication skills and will enjoy managing various project teams as well as subcontractors. You have a proven track record in dealing with contract management and commercial aspects as well as supervising tight schedules and quality standards. It is vital for you, as the Construction Manager, to have a thorough understanding of any and all relevant electrical, mechanical, building codes and OHSACT requirements for a construction site. In order to succeed, it is important that you are proficient with MS Project, Primavera and MS Office. Additionally, this role will require you to travel internationally.
If you like what you’ve read and what to find out more about this exciting project as you meet all the requirements, get in touch with us now and apply!
- B.Eng in Industrial, Civil or Mechanical Engineering or Construction Management
- Project Management Professional certification is beneficial!
- 9+ years construction management experience of large scale energy projects – if you have construction management experience in CSP within South Africa, this is highly beneficial!
- Proven experience liaising with contract management and commercial aspects
- Proven track record of supervising tight schedules and challenging quality standards
- Thorough understanding of relevant electrical, mechanical, building coses and OHSACT requirements of a construction site
- Previous experience working with Chinese contractors is beneficial
- Experience commissioning large solar projects is beneficial
- Previous experience working within multi-national and multi-lingual project teams is beneficial
Your responsibilities include creating project specific construction management work plans and ensure these plans are coordinated with the project owner as well as the contractors, supervise communication between the engineering and construction teams, follow project KPIs and implement corrective action to ensure progress is on track, head construction project performance review meetings, and maintain project costs, budgets and accounting records.
- Excellent verbal and written English skills – this is very important!
- Outstanding conflict management and problem-solving abilities
- Good presentation skills
- Proficiency with MS Project, Primavera, and MS Office
- Great leadership and time management skills
- Driver’s license
Who Is AltGen?
We offer recruitment, consulting and employment services with a focus on recruitment for renewable energy and environmental jobs in South Africa and Africa at large. AltGen is a renewable energy recruitment agency based in Cape Town which focuses on developing careers for individuals in our niche space.
With an experienced and passionate team with over 100 years of combined experience, AltGen plays an integral role in the South African renewable energy and sustainability industry. We operate throughout the African continent in both anglophone and francophone regions and are rapidly expanding globally. With entities in South Africa, Kenya, and Mauritius, we have a direct impact on the continental energy industry.
Our recruitment agency focuses on jobs in: Solar | Wind | Renewable Energy | Biogas | Biomass | Energy Management | Energy Efficiency | Green Buildings | Green Tech | Photovoltaics | Solar Thermal | Energy Storage | Battery Systems | Off-grid | Hydro | CSP | CPV | IoT | AI | AgriTech | FinTech
Give us a review on Google!