Our client, an esteemed engineering company which operates throughout South Africa is in search of a focused Solar PV Rooftop Design Engineer who has a keen eye for detail!
If you are the ideal candidate for this role, you will have just over 2 years’ experience successfully simulating solar PV designs, layouts and equipment specifications for the C&I industry. You will be a master when it comes to solar PV designs, quickly ascertaining which are the best grid connection opportunities per project. You understand and have experience for all matters which relate to project compliance and regulations, always ensuring that the best industry standards are adhered to.
Working with a dedicated team of professionals, your responsibilities will include preparing the scopes of work and bills of materials. In addition, you will critically review and analyse bid responses for the client’s vendors and any tender requirements by their clients. Your team will look to you to find intelligent solutions which enable plant specific yields to be optimized using PV system layouts and designs.
Your depth of knowledge will assist you to create the relevant project assessment, development and acquisition activities which include; negotiation of agreements, site selection and land acquisition, as well as the permitting and licensing.
The solar PV rooftop space is quickly growing and becoming a leading renewable energy source for the C&I industry, this is the perfect opportunity… not to be missed!
- Electrical engineering qualification is vital
- 2+ years’ experience as a design engineer in the solar PV space
- Ability to design solar systems ranging from 150 kW to 8 MW
- Strong design software and simulation experience is a must, including PVSyst
- Exemplary ability to design to the required specifications and functional requirements that are in accordance with the relevant regulations
- Excellent project and time management skills