Are you a smart, skilled and experienced Solar PV Rooftop Design Engineer?
Do you have an eye for detail and are pedantic about perfection? Then keep on reading…
This is what you going to need to be considered for the role:
- Over 2 years’ experience successfully simulating solar PV designs, layouts and equipment specifications for the C&I industry;
- You are a master when it comes to solar PV designs – you know how to quickly ascertain which are suitable for grid connection;
- You understand and have experience with solar PV compliance and regulations;
- When we ask, you can tell us what the best industry standards are and why companies need to adhere to them.
Why you going to want to work for our client:
- You will be working with a team of professionals who are all about getting results;
- The team doesn’t let the grass grow under their feet – you will be working with forward thinkers who want to get projects over the line - without compromising quality;
- You will gain exceptional experience with a top firm in the RE space.
Want to know what you will be doing?
- Preparing the scopes of work and bills of materials;
- Critically review and analyse bid responses for the client’s vendors and any tender requirements by their clients;
- Finding intelligent solutions which enable plant specific yields to be optimized using PV system layouts and designs;
- Creating the relevant project assessment, development and acquisition activities which include; negotiation of agreements, site selection and land acquisition;
- Covering the permitting and licensing for project development.
If you know you have the experience to take on this challenging position with an esteemed engineering company which operates throughout South Africa, then please apply for the role – we will get back to you!!!!
- Electrical engineering qualification is vital
- 2+ years’ experience as a design engineer in the solar PV space
- Ability to design solar systems ranging from 150 kW to 8 MW
- Strong design software and simulation experience is a must, including PVSyst
- Exemplary ability to design to the required specifications and functional requirements that are in accordance with the relevant regulations
- Excellent project and time management skills