Our client, which is one of South Africa’s leading consulting firms with branches throughout the country is in search of a technically minded and articulate Utility Scale Solar Design Engineer.
If you are the ideal candidate for this role you will have just over 4+ years’ experience successfully simulating the design, layouts and equipment specifications which result in optimal energy production for large solar power plants. You will be so well versed at all matters pertaining so solar PV designs, that you will quickly be able to assess the various grid connection opportunities which are best to apply per project and that are compliant with the required regulations and industry standards!
You will be a key member of the team, working with your technical and procurement colleagues to prepare the scopes of work and bills of materials. Furthermore, you will critically review and analyse bid responses for the client’s vendors. You will find yourself looking for intelligent ways to optimize and increase plant specific yields using PV system layouts and designs.
Your depth of knowledge will assist you to create the relevant project assessment, development and acquisition activities which include; negotiation of agreements, site selection and land acquisition, as well as the permitting and licensing.
If you are looking to grow your career within a reputable firm which allows you to master your skills within the solar PV industry, look no further!
- Electrical engineering degree is vital, Master’s preferred
- 3+ years’ experience as a design engineer in the solar PV space
- Project experience within the REIPPPP is ideal
- Ability to design solar systems ranging from 5 MW to 80 MW
- Strong design software and simulation experience is a must, including PVSyst
- Exemplary ability to design to the required specifications and functional requirements that are in accordance with the relevant regulations
- Excellent project and time management skills