A global pioneer in wind technologies, with 1000’s of MW’s worth of wind project development under their belt, is in search of a Grid Connection Energy Systems Engineer to join their team based on the sunny coastline of New South Wales.
If you are the ideal candidate for this once off opportunity, you would have come from a similar type of role with over 8 years’ experience providing unsurpassed value through your knowledge of grid connection techniques, codes, prerequisites and best practices. You will be a top-class engineer, with demonstrated renewable energy experience and a deep knowledge of high, medium and low voltage electrical systems as well as IEC technical standards. You will have excellent project management skills and find yourself working along each project stage; from concept, to development, finance, construction and the operation of wind plants. You will assist the various international offices in site screening and selection, costing, risk analysis and their feasibility studies; all while defining the technical requirements for grid connection, advising on the best applicable connection options and managing the application processes. In addition, you will manage and negotiate contracts and support the relevant teams during the construction and commissioning of wind farms. You will be regarded as an advisor when it comes to grid compliance, assisting asset management teams to ensure each project meets legal and regulatory demands. Furthermore, you will be required to work with various external parties, requiring you to have excellent communication skills as you engage with plant performance necessities and transmission networks in the early stages of the projects.
You will find yourself working with a team of highly skilled professionals who are dedicated to furthering wind projects across the globe and accelerating clean energy. If you are a well organised, career orientated individual who loves tackling tough technical challenges, then this is the perfect opportunity for you!
- Engineering degree or similar degree required
- Master’s degree is advantageous
- 8+ years’ experience within the renewable energy industry, ideally wind development
- Must have experience working with various digital simulation software
- Ability to interpret schematics
- Knowledge of IEC technical standards and grid codes
- Experience handling and managing; testing procedures, technical scopes, connection techniques and requirements and projects contracts
- Must have experience providing financial estimates for connection costs
- Brilliant communications skills are a must, verbal and written
- Highly flexible and able to work with various nationalities
- Australian working permit / residency is preferred
- Must be willing to travel internationally