We are constantly growing and looking to expand our engineering team. We are looking for the right individual to help us drive technical support, electrical design work and sales in Cape Town alternative and backup energy supply marketplace. This is a mainly an inside technical position with occasionally going to sites for commissioning or evaluation purposes where you will develop the design, draft the electrical drawings and sell your solution through sales lead interaction, phone calls, research and networking, with the goal of generating solid solutions for potential new and existing clients. You will require to go through a steep 6-month learning curve internally to learn the different technical products lines as well as the tools to designs off-grid, hybrid and grid-tie systems. Once you have found your feet in this field you will be required to learn our range of UPS products lines as well as the Telecom Power products and standard power supply product lines.
A primary focus will be qualifying and evaluating potential opportunities, understanding the prospects' needs and preparing proposals to suit those needs and interact with external sub-contractors for the correct installations required.
The ideal candidate is a “hunter” with an entrepreneurial spirit who can recognize and close new business opportunities by thinking out of the box. You must be a team player and join our dedicated country, wide engineering staff, with a common goal of advancing the company by constantly learning the ever-changing product line capabilities. You will have superb communications skills, both verbal and written for a wide audience, along with excellent people skills. You will be able to work well under pressure and can adapt to changing circumstances as they arise. Each day you will have a sense of urgency, be self-motivated, results-oriented and a disciplined “hunter” with energy and stamina. Like all our team members, you will be customer and solutions-oriented and know-how to provide exceptional service and customer support.
As a technical sales support and designs engineering, you will use your technical skills to deliver and sell your knowledge along with demonstrated sales skills to provide advice and support on a range of products and prepare quotations for components and/or turnkey projects. You must be comfortable and confident working with our cross-country functional team, taking dozens of calls and in-person meetings with clients per day, qualifying prospects, and closing sales. We offer a growth-oriented work environment with a competitive compensation package, potential vehicle benefits if more external work is required and unlimited opportunity for advancement.
From time to time large projects activate and you may be required to travel to the different sites around the country for the prior analysis of the project or during the commissioning part. External installers will be doing the installation work, but it will be required to assist with the final switches on and modification level.
The position is not a lab or isolated engineering designing only position and interaction with clients is an essential part of the job.
Characteristics of Success:
- Initiative: Sales associates do not wait for orders. You are a go-getter who takes matters into your own hands.
- Listening skills: You hear our clients and figure out what they want and need and how to make that happen.
- Coachability: You are excited, adaptable, and willing to learn.
- Positivity: Having a positive attitude and being cheerful make it easier to approach prospects and keep their attention until closing.
- Resourcefulness: You are able to shift gears if a sale doesn’t go the way you envisioned.
- Personability: You have no problem having a good relationship with others, meeting new people, and realizing the power of networking. You are energized by people.
- Passion: You enjoy your job and are passionate about the products and services you sell.
- Own vehicle and you must have a valid driver’s license.
- A solid technical background
- National Diploma in Electrical Engineering (or similar qualification)
- 2-3 years of experience in a similar role and industry
- Learn the ins and outs of Current Automation (software, hardware etc.).
- In slow times search for new clients who might benefit from Current Automation’s products or services and maximize client potential.
- Make and arrange technical presentations/demos to show how a Current Automation product meets the client’s needs.
- Support marketing activities by attending trade shows, conferences, networking events, training and other activities.
- Close sales and exceed quotas.
- Develop long-term relationships with clients, through managing and interpreting their requirements.
- Advise clients on updates and new technologies.
- Maintain your CRM tool to track progress & movement, leads, and revenue.
- Excellent bilingual Afrikaans and English written and verbal communication skills required.
- Google Apps and Microsoft Office Suite expertise.