We have a fantastic opportunity for an innovative New Business Manager to join a team of leading developers in the renewable energy industry. This is your chance to show what you’re made of by identifying, engaging with and securing potential customers to create utility-scale projects on a flexible off-take arrangement. If you have a thorough understanding of the private renewable energy market on an MW scale, you could be the person for the job!
The successful candidate will have a Commercial or Engineering Degree, and if you have a Mater’s Degree in Business Administration – even better! You are someone with the ability to create and sell complex solutions with a knack for contract negotiations. As the New Business Manager, your key objectives are identifying opportunities, market research and stakeholder engagement in the private renewable energy market, strategy and budget development, closing on strategies and private RE contracts, and creating a scalable business unit that closes flexible off-taker agreements. Our client is looking for someone who can walk to talk and has proven business development skills – we want to know about the projects you have successfully obtained! You need to have at least 4 years of project development experience managing the full scope of the project lifecycle as well as renewable energy experience – this is non-negotiable! It is important that you have a good understanding of the commercial aspects of de-risking projects as well as knowledge of private market macro aspects. Additionally, you must understand the business case for renewable energy in the private market.
If you are the business savvy, innovative problem solver we’re looking for, then apply now and tell us what makes you great for this role!
- Commercial or Engineering Degree
- Master’s Degree in Business Administration is beneficial
- 4+ years project development experience supervising the full scope of the project lifecycle
- Proven business development experience – we want to see a list of projects/business you’ve successfully obtained
- Previous experience in the Renewable Energy industry is non-negotiable
- Great commercial understanding of projects
- Good knowledge of private market aspects such as wheeling, private PPA’s terms, Eskom bundling and legislation
- Thorough understanding of price competitiveness vs Eskom utility, and key drivers of a Renewable Energy plant
Your responsibilities include identifying potential off-takers through market research, create and maintain good relationships with potential off-takers, drive the company’s competitive edge in the private RE market, ensure projects are developed in compliance with the company’s SHEQ policies and procedures, support the implementation of private RE project solutions, and create and oversee the project schedule, budget and other project controls.
- Robust business acumen
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to build relationships with stakeholders
- Great written and verbal as well as presentation skills
- Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines
- Self-motivated as well as team player
- Good organisational skills
- Problem - and conflict-solving skills
- Proficient in MS Office
Who Is AltGen?
We offer recruitment, consulting and employment services with a focus on recruitment for renewable energy and environmental jobs in South Africa and Africa at large. AltGen is a renewable energy recruitment agency based in Cape Town which focuses on developing careers for individuals in our niche space.
With an experienced and passionate team with over 100 years of combined experience, AltGen plays an integral role in the South African renewable energy and sustainability industry. We operate throughout the African continent in both anglophone and francophone regions and are rapidly expanding globally. With entities in South Africa, Kenya, and Mauritius, we have a direct impact on the continental energy industry.
Our recruitment agency focuses on jobs in: Solar | Wind | Renewable Energy | Biogas | Biomass | Energy Management | Energy Efficiency | Green Buildings | Green Tech | Photovoltaics | Solar Thermal | Energy Storage | Battery Systems | Off-grid | Hydro | CSP | CPV | IoT | AI | AgriTech | FinTech
Give us a review on Google!