One of South Africa’s highly recognized solar companies who have established a name for themselves as a quality focused solution provider, is now looking for an O&M Engineer who resonates with their brand.
You going to have to be well versed at optimizing solar plants for clients, ensuring that your actions onsite, translate into tangible savings for the client. You are there to exceed their expectations and ensure the company’s contractual obligations are never faltered. You will find yourself being the trouble-shooter and go-getter – you will have experience with; all types of inverters, meters, monitoring systems and communication boards (requiring coding skills), solar panels, breakers and an ability to recognize and fix faulty equipment. You will also need to have a comprehensive understanding of strings in order to troubleshoot and fix problems.
This is an excellent opportunity for you to grow your skill set and work your way up in the company, taking on projects not only in South Africa, but right up into Africa itself!
- MUST have Electrical / Electronic / Mechatronic Degree
- Need to have a working at heights certificate
- MINIMUM of 3+ years’ experience in a communications role, solar is advantageous
- Must be competent using Microsoft office software
- Strong communications skills and ability to communicate in other languages is advantageous
- Must be willing to travel (not limited to South Africa)