Our client, an international supplier of solar PV solutions is in search of a determined Product Sales Manager with exceptional people skills to join their team who work in a result driven environment.
If you are the ideal candidate for this role you will be highly strategic and analytical as you quickly identify potential clients and opportunities to supply solar products to, all the while being highly knowledgeable of the processes and requirements that enable a project to commence. You will find yourself using your technical know-how to understand and advise clients on the best solutions for their budgetary, contractual, tender and technical needs, making a concerted effort to go to site and understand the needs of clients. Implementing the company’s sales growth plan will form an integral part of your responsibilities, not to mention forecasting a sales pipeline and meeting these goals.
You will find yourself working closely with the marketing team aligning your goals and feeding information back into product management research. You will be responsible for developing long lasting relationships with clients, ensuring that the company is the first provider to submit RFQ’s to their clients and always at the top of client’s minds through exceptional customer service. You will find yourself liaising with internal teams, making sure that client’s expectations are met and that their orders can and are fulfilled in a timely manner.
In order to go beyond your expected KPA’s, you will need to use your strong people skills, lead generation abilities and customer services skills to excel. If you love the thrill of a fast-paced lifestyle that is driven by deadlines and challenging goals, as you travel around Africa, then this is the perfect opportunity for you!
- Relevant degree or tertiary qualification is ideal
- 3+ years’ experience in a similar role with proven sales track record within the solar industry either internationally or within Africa
- Proven experience with tender management and coordination is vital
- Strong technical understanding is advantageous
- Brilliant business and financial acumen are key
- Exceptional communication skills both written and verbal (in English and Afrikaans)
- Ability to speak additional language is advantageous
- Must be an excellent negotiator with the ability to quickly close deals
- M/S Office skills are crucial and another sales software such as Salesforce
- Depth of knowledge in solar PV solutions is vital