A highly respected solar engineering company is in search of a driven Solar Project Manager to implement projects for their growing project pipeline.
If you are the ideal candidate for this role you will have over 4+ years’ experience successfully deploying solar projects according to scope, within budget and as per strict deadlines. Due to the nature of the role, you will need to be highly flexible, organised and exhibit strong people and communication skills. You will find yourself working closely with various stakeholders, as well as internal and external teams, thus the ability to manage expectations and achieve expected project goals is vital!
You will be managing installation teams from pre-construction through to construction as well as dealing with contracts. Health and safety are critical aspects to the expected requirements of this role and knowledge of these processes is key. If you are the perfect candidate, you will possess a technical aptitude with the ability to customize projects to suit clients’ needs. You will also need to be hands on and have a depth of knowledge in the engineering disciplines which result in projects that are able to stand the test of time and thus exceed client’s expectations when it comes to quality, professionalism and workmanship.
Some of your duties will include; proposal writing, reporting, site assessments, pricing and logistics, design, creating schedules, negotiating contracts, ensuring legal requirements are met, project planning, monitoring progress (pre-post construction phases) and implementation. You will need to have an eye for detail, technical mind-set and a flair for design / project planning as each project will need to meet specific client specifications.
This opportunity will be exceptionally rewarding as you find yourself working on new and exciting projects, quickly fast tracking your skills in the growing solar PV industry!
- Engineering qualification is vital (Electrical is preferred)
- 4+ years working with the design and implementation of solar in a Project management capacity
- Strong commercial acumen
- Well versed in handling project contracts
- PVSyst experience and certificate advantageous
- Fantastic report / proposal writing skills
- Strong people and communication skills
- Project management and Health and Safety certificates are highly advantageous
- Knowledge and experience of H&S, risk assessment and building regulations
- Required to travel from time to time