Our client, who are a respected international frontrunner of solar PV product solutions, is in search of a highly skilled Project Manager. This role is not only challenging but incredibly exciting, the selected Project manager for this career opportunity will have an exemplary utility scale solar PV technical knowledge, level 5 leadership skills and an entrepreneurial nature.
If you are the ideal candidate for this role, you will have proven experience in construction management, with a minimum of 4+ years’ as a solar PV Project Manager for utility scale projects. In order to successfully take ownership of the responsibilities required for this role, you will have an excellent technical knowledge of solar PV and be able to adapt this knowledge to site specific power systems. So much so, that you will be able to assess the system design and the engineering plans created by EPC partners and advise on how best they can optimize it in order to ensure maximum ROI, reliability and system performance from our client’s products. A large part of the role will comprise of managing contracts (and modifying them as required), ensuring that they are carefully adhered to.
You will find yourself handling due diligence, engineering proposals, project specifications, drawings, schedules, contract requirements and developing complete project plans. Having knowledge of relevant compliance regulations, H&S obligations and provincial codes will make you an asset to the team, a team which you will not only manage but also recruit as you deem fit. You will act as an advisory to EPC partners, developing bills of materials, timelines, budgets and evaluating the accuracy of their feasibility assessments. During the construction of projects, you will be responsible for ensuring that systems are installed according to plan, and will take ownership of any project changes, identify possible issues and devise relevant contingency plans. You will find yourself working closely with internal teams, third parties and clients, making sure that expectations are exceeded, and that reporting is actively documented and communicated to all relevant parties. You will need to be well spoken with an ability to provide insightful responses as you find yourself presenting and engaging with relevant stakeholders as well as representing the company at industry events.
You will find yourself working primarily on two large scale solar PV farms in the Northern Cape, while primarily being based at their offices in Pretoria.
If you are looking to make a career move which will solidify your position as a sought-after Solar PV Project Manager with a unique set of skills, then this is the perfect opportunity for you!
- Electrical or Mechanical Engineering degree is a must
- Master’s degree with relevant project management qualifications are ideal
- 4+ years’ experience as a Project Manager in the Solar PV industry, with proven experience in construction and contracts management is key
- International experience is highly advantageous
- Experience working with Microsoft Office software and PV simulation software and other project management tools and software
- Required to troubleshoot system problems
- Must have an excellent knowledge of system components, medium voltage power systems and PV system applications
- Ability to identify critical paths and project dependencies
- Required to develop project plans, record and document progress, review load data, create recommendation reports, prepare technical proposals and adhere to compliance standards
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written as essential
- Must be willing to travel throughout Africa