Our client, a multinational EPC company within the renewable energy and energy infrastructure sector, is seeking a highly organized Project Manager who exhibits exemplary communication and management skills to steer the construction of their wind farms.
The perfect candidate for this opportunity will have 4+ years’ construction experience with an exceptional track record of managing teams and external parties. Your proven ability to manage and execute quality projects according to the design and contract requirements, as well as strict timelines and budget allocations will be beneficial to the success of your application as you find yourself liaising closely with clients and the management team.
You will find yourself playing an integral role as you bring the projects to life; from the handover by the business developers’ right through to the commissioning of the wind farm. You will be responsible for planning, budgeting and scoping of projects, as well as ensuring that the progress throughout each project is successfully monitored and tracked. This role will enable you to carefully curate a team who understands the need to adhere to the necessary standards and plans, allowing a flawless execution from project to project.
Your in-depth understanding of project managing wind farms will aid you as you provide reports to management and stakeholders as well as quickly mitigate any potential risks relating to; safety and / or quality issues that could incur unexpected costs.
If you feel that this is the perfect opportunity for you and are up for the challenge, we look forward to receiving your application. You may soon find yourself working in the scenic landscape of South Africa’s wind capital!
- 4+ years’ experience in engineering and the construction of wind farms
- Experience in the project management of at least 2+ projects
- Strong communication (verbal and written)
- Exceptional relationship / managements skills
- Experience with project contacts and requirements of project change requests
- Must be highly computer literate especially with various project management and reporting systems
- Multilingual ability is advantageous
- Must be willing to travel