AltGen Recruitment and Consulting, founded in 2012, has as a mission, the redeployment of skills into the Renewable Energy industry. To date we have successfully placed 600 + skilled professionals into a broad cross-selection of renewable energy developers, constructions firms and consulting companies and we have provided a broad range of consulting services into renewable energy in the job creation and skills formalization arenas. Our team is focused on delivering world class customer support which is actioned through the team’s depth of knowledge and market insight as well as the strong relationships we foster with both our clients and candidates. Our team is made up of passionate individuals who have found a home in affecting change through people. Our company has a start-up nature (and we are bit quirky), a strong team-based environment, flat management structure and a drive and optimism like no other!
We are rapidly growing, and we are in search of someone who wants to grow their skills and expertise with us. If you have a degree in engineering, law, finance or even social science, and are someone who is not only curious, but doesn’t wait to be told what to do (because you are so used to using your initiative), then you are the person we want!
As a fresh graduate with little experience under your belt, you can expect to quickly learn and work your way up from an Administrator to a fully-fledged Recruitment Consultant – its really up to you how quickly you grow given your thirst for knowledge and how proactive your nature is.
You will need to be passionate about renewable energy and helping our clients reach their corporate goals by way of connecting the right candidates to the right company. With that said, it’s not just about our clients - it’s about helping those in the job market develop their skills, master their expertise and find work they are truly passionate about and in a company culture which bolsters that. We see ourselves are career managers, it’s not about a placement, it’s about fostering genuine long-lasting relationship that count.
Starting off in the role you will find yourself learning from the ground up, this is what you can expect to be doing:
- Month 1 – 3: Learn about our processes and understanding our industry
- Such as sourcing via various portals, interviewing, taking references, loading information onto the back-office system, sourcing, collating offers of employment, dissecting payslips, negotiating offers, industry research, processing placements, doing background checks, calculating fees, amongst others
- Months 4 – 6: Once you have our processes under your belt, you will then start to recruit in earnest, developing a specialised market vertical, with our guidance
- Months 7 – 12: This is when the “sales” part kicks in, and you can start to earn one of the best commission structures in the recruitment industry
- After the first year, there is a bedding in period as you become a master at what you do, and thereafter we can consider other possibilities. AltGen is always looking to expand into new geographies and into new markets, so expansion and development is a real possibility if you take initiative
If you believe that you can grow with us and create a name for yourself where our clients and candidates can turn to you for advice, then apply NOW!
Job Location - Street Address
Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office; Excel and Word
Exposure to the RE industry is the ultimate bonus
Ability to quickly adapt to processes
Brilliant communication skills, written and verbal - you will be reporting daily
Strong ability to work in a team-based environment