Our client, a reputable renewable energy investment firm with offices around the globe is looking for a Senior Development Manager to add considerable value to their current and emerging markets portfolio in Africa.
The ideal candidate for this role will have a degree in engineering with additional studies in law and / or finance, including a proven track record of 7+ years developing projects in renewables - specifically in project funding environment. In addition, prior engagement in Madagascar, and an established network
This is an excellent opportunity for you to expand your expertise in the renewable energy field, assisting the company to create and implement a strong development strategy. You will find yourself working across the full project life cycle, from development, through to the implementation and management of projects. Developing strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders will form part of your key responsibilities, ensuring that projects meet key deliverables, are compliant with geo specific regulations (governmental, environmental and social), are within your proposed budgets and times lines as well as being financially and technically feasible. You will find yourself using your excellent communication, coordination and management skills to deliver on the development strategy, from aspects of due diligence, to pre-construction and construction phases, to procurement, project management and the reporting thereafter. Furthermore, you will assist the company in matters relating to project development resource requirements and recruitment as needed. You will be an asset to the company as you; prepare proposals, develop financial models, negotiate agreements, evaluate project partners and contractors, identify opportunities and report and make recommendations where necessary.
If you enjoy a challenge where you can find yourself developing projects that are unique to the client and country specific needs, then this is the perfect opportunity for you.
- Engineering, Financial or Law degree
- MBA is advantageous
- MUST HAVE AN ESTABLISHED NETWORK in the Madagascar region
- 7+ years’ experience in a development capacity in the renewable energy or infrastructure environment
- Strong financially modelling, commercial agreement negotiation and reporting experience is a must
- Experience working with Microsoft Office software
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
- Ability to speak additional languages including French and Portuguese is essential
- Experience handling pre-qualification actionables including; project feasibility, tender document preparation, tendering, interviews, tender analyses and making recommendations
- Ability to coordinate and manage teams across the project life cycle is a must
- Must be willing to travel throughout Africa