Summary of the role:
Work independently with assistants and perform maintenance, inspection, electrical and basic mechanical repairs and snagging on turbine components on client’s sites across Wind Farms in SA, in accordance with client requirements and manage the assistants during projects.
Educational & Knowledge Requirements:
- Grade 12
- Valid driver’s License Code 08 to drive from site to site
- Pre-employment Medically Fit Certificate for working at heights and confined space
- Intermediate level in MS Office
- Trade Tested Electrician
- Required to travel and work away from home
- 2 years of working experience performing electrical repairs
- Sound knowledge of the Occupational Health & Safety Act, Construction Regulations
- Sober habits
- Structured & organized
Skills & abilities:
- Sound technical knowledge
- Ability to work independently and be self- driven
- Ability to work with hand tools, materials and techniques relevant to the construction trade and conduct physical labor.
- Excellent in Oral & Written communication skills (English preferable).
- Ability to identify and resolve potential risks in a project environment, in a processed manner consistent with company policies
- Good organizational skills, attentive to details and task orientated outcomes. Able to take a collaborative approach to tasks.
- Ability to multi-task and perform tasks timeously and with a high degree of accuracy.
- Effective interpersonal and communication skills, with good influence and negotiation skills.
- Has leadership skills, able to motivate teams and subordinates to work during tough conditions, including conflict resolution skills.
- Ability to work well under pressure.
- Ability to identify potential project risks and apply problem-solving methodologies by thinking outside the box to find solutions to within the work environment.
- Able to work at heights and confined spaces without undergoing extreme episodes of anxiety.
- Previous working experiencing performing maintenance both electrical and basic mechanical
- Experience with supervising teams
- Previously worked on a wind farm
• Work with Head of Operations in coordinating and planning projects according to customer requirements
• Assist with purchasing tools, equipment and spare parts for projects
• Ensure that team has the required resources for the project
• Conduct maintenance, inspections, repairs and snagging according to the client’s requirements and within technical scope
• Fault finding on basic electrical repairs
• Removing mountings and bearings
• Diagnosis and testing of electrical systems
• Intemperate electrical diagrams and drawings
• Working with conductors and cables
• Fault finding on basic electrical circuits and installations on 1,2 and 3 phase systems
• Monitoring auxiliary circuits
• Wiring harness and connectors
• 3 Phase, direct and line wiring and testing of electrical systems
• Tracing on wire connectivity
• Perform basic mechanical repairs
• Complete petty cash requests and recons, travel logs and submit to finance within the required time frames with supporting documentation
• Complete Daily Task Records and Work Reports for each project and submit within the required time frames
• Provide updates on the project to the Head of Operations and escalate delays and critical issues as prescribed
• Obey to the Health and safety rules and policies and procedures of the both the company and the client
• Report unsafe or unhealthy to conditions to immediate Supervisor
• Report any incident/accidents to SHEQ officer within the required timeframes
• Responsible to inspect PPE and report defects immediately to Line Manager and/ SHEQ officer
• Complete timesheets for all team members, obtain the required client approvals and submit to finance within the required time frames
• Supervise team members and resolve minor conflicts and escalate major matters to HR and Head of Operations
• Ensure that the team complies to Client rules and regulations
• Assist with performance reviews of team members
• Monitor team’s quality of works and report any variances
• Control the resource cost of any assigned project as per project budget
• Attend morning meetings with client, prepare work permits and conduct daily toolbox talks/safe alerts with teams and ensure that is signed off by team members and place on the Safety file
• Check that the team have their required PPE before commencing their job
• Maintain Health and Safety File- Includes Registers/ checklist, appointments are signed
• Ensure RAMS are communicated with team members and signed before commencing the project
• Report any fault findings regarding Health and Safety
• Conduct on-site HIRA of projects and communicate to SHEQ officer
• Ensure fault findings on Internal and External audits are correctified before next audits
• Participate in Health and Safety Audits both internal and external audits
• Assist with drafting of Method Statements with the SHEQ Officer
• Assist with team complains on Health and Safety and escalate queries to the Head of SHE and SHEQ Officer- this will include problems with PPE, Safety Equipment and materials of
• Ensure that site works conducted complies with the Health and Safety legislation (OHSA 85 of 1993 & Regulations) and other legal requirements
• Report all incidents/ accidents/ near misses and damage to property and Assist the Head of Site SHE with the investigation report and assist with drawing up preventative actions
• Perform any ad-hoc duties as requested from to time
• Statutory Inspections, maintenance, Inspection, Repairs and Snagging
• Team Management
• Health & Safety (appointment as 8.1)
• Grade 12
• Valid driver’s License Code 08 to drive from site to site
• Pre-employment Medically Fit Certificate for working at heights and confined space
• Intermediate level in MS Office
• Trade Tested Electrician
• Required to travel and work away from home
• 2 years working experience performing electrical repairs
• Sound knowledge of the Occupational Health & Safety Act, Construction Regulations
Work independently with assistants and perform maintenance, inspection, electrical and basic mechanical repairs and snagging on turbine components on client’s sites across Wind Farms in SA, in accordance with Client requirements and manage the assistants during projects.