Our client, an esteemed global player in the wind industry is looking for a hands-on, forward thinking Site Manager to join their dedicated projects team.
The ideal candidate for this excellent opportunity will have 4 years’ experience working on wind construction sites. Delivering quality workmanship all the while adhering to strict health and safety requirements, will be second nature to the successful applicant! Knowledge of regulatory requirements which form part of the commissioning process will play a key feature in the role.
Should you be the perfect fit for this role, you will find yourself working closely with the Project Manager as you assist them to bring projects to life. Your responsibilities will include careful coordination of all parties’ activities on site as well as off. From managing the civils teams, right through to the mechanical and procurement and logistics teams, you will need to ensure that the construction process is not only seamless but executed as required! You will be well organized, knowing what is needed and when, diligently recording site relevant documentation and reporting back to the Project Manager. You will issue toolbox talks for the teams on site, making sure that each project is commissioned with zero accidents! Your depth of knowledge on wind construction will put you in good stead as you steer the construction team and drive results, making sure that the handover is smooth.
If you enjoy being part of the action when a project moves from the stages of conceptualization and design into a fully functioning power plant, then you will thoroughly enjoy this opportunity!
- Electrical Engineering degree or similar qualification is preferred
- 4 years’ experience in the implementation of wind project and at least 2+ years’ site management expertise
- Well versed using Microsoft Project and various tracking tools
- Excellent interpersonal skills (communication and leadership) with the ability to interact with a diverse group of people and cultures
- Strong reporting and documentation skills
- Fluent in English; verbal and written, other African languages a plus (including Afrikaans)
- Understanding of the wind energy regulatory framework as well as knowledge of the REIPP
- Knowledge of safety and other government regulations, specifically Eskom
- Excellent planning and organisational skills
- Willing to be based on site full-time and travel from time to time as and when required
- Ability to work independently with support from project management