Are you an experienced CSP Site Supervisor with the ability to deliver projects on time and within budget? Are you seeking your next adventure within the South African Market? If you have commissioning experience of large-scale solar projects with a thorough understanding of the various requirements of a construction site then keep reading…
The right person for the job will have a Bachelor’s Degree in Industrial or Mechanical Engineering with a Project Management Professional certification. You have 9+ years of management experience in the development, O&M, and construction of large-scale CSP power projects within South Africa under your belt – don’t shy away from showing us your projects list, we want to see it – with previous experience dealing with Chinese contractors. Your attention to detail is outstanding and your ability to successfully guide and supervise project teams is what will be key to your success in this role. You do need to be a jet setter as you will be required to travel 10% of the time to the company’s headquarters. As a Site Supervisor, you are responsible for monitoring project KPI’s and implementing corrective action to ensure progress is on track, providing technical support and commercial solutions to local contractors involved in the project construction, managing the accurate delivery of all project documentation, and ensuring the proper coordination and working relationships within the management team. As you will find yourself dealing with various groups of people, it is vital that you have robust interpersonal skills and can build and maintain relationships with stakeholders.
This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced CSP Site Supervisor to bolster their career in an ever-growing market of energy sustainability! Apply now and let us know what makes you perfect for the role!
- Bachelor’s degree in Industrial or Mechanical Engineering
- MBA is beneficial
- Project Management Professional certification is beneficial
- 9+ years of management experience in the development, O&M and construction of large scale CSP power projects within South Africa
- Previous experience liaising with Chinese contractors
- Previous commission experience of large scale solar project
- Previous experience working within a multi-national and multi-lingual project teams
- Proven management experience of strict schedule deadlines
- Thorough understanding of the relevant electrical, mechanical, building codes and OHSACT requirements for a constructions site
Your responsibilities will include supervising the overall solar field construction process, being the point of contact for all solar field issues on site, overseeing and ensuring all company safety policies and procedures are complied with, managing terms of contracts, organising inspection requirements, and negotiating various orders when needed.
- Excellent written and verbal English skills
- Outstanding attention to detail
- Robust interpersonal skills with ability to build and maintain relationships with stakeholders
- Proven successful leadership skills
- Driver’s license
- Proficient with MS Projects, Primavera and MS Office
Who Is AltGen?
We offer recruitment, consulting and employment services with a focus on recruitment for renewable energy and environmental jobs in South Africa and Africa at large. AltGen is a renewable energy recruitment agency based in Cape Town which focuses on developing careers for individuals in our niche space.
With an experienced and passionate team with over 100 years of combined experience, AltGen plays an integral role in the South African renewable energy and sustainability industry. We operate throughout the African continent in both anglophone and francophone regions and are rapidly expanding globally. With entities in South Africa, Kenya, and Mauritius, we have a direct impact on the continental energy industry.
Our recruitment agency focuses on jobs in: Solar | Wind | Renewable Energy | Biogas | Biomass | Energy Management | Energy Efficiency | Green Buildings | Green Tech | Photovoltaics | Solar Thermal | Energy Storage | Battery Systems | Off-grid | Hydro | CSP | CPV | IoT | AI | AgriTech | FinTech
Give us a review on Google!